The Pneumatic Conveyor
Where the Pneumatic Conveying Magic Happens
Pneumatic conveying is an elegant, efficient solution for moving dry bulk material.
However, applying an off-the-shelf solution can – but usually does not – give customers the best value so we custom-design our systems around your specific application and material.
Carrying tons of dry bulk material through a pipe with air molecules requires tons of air molecules operating under a given amount of pressure. Each component of a system acts on the air and materials in ways specific to the properties of the air and materials and to the air-to-material ratio itself.
Our unique design concept provides for limited maintenance and prevents premature wear on components. Savings in the use of horsepower translates into less system heat and product degradation.
There are many advantages to pneumatic railcar unloading compared to mechanical conveying. Fewer moving parts mean fewer headaches, and an enclosed system means easy dust control. Another important advantage is flexibility in routing – we can convey material to places others can’t.
A pneumatic conveying system with a “Pot” sucks dry bulk material through a pipe or tube from one location (railcar, truck trailer, silo, etc.) into the temporary ‘Pot’, and then blows the material from the Pot in a pipe to a destination (silo, bulk bag, process etc.).
These pot-based cyclic loading systems are simple, long-lasting, and low-maintenance compared with mechanical conveyors.
These high-rate systems employ either diesel or electric-driven motors that can range from 10 to 200 horsepower and can move material at a rate of one to one-hundred tons per hour.
FEATURES AND OPTIONS:
- Powerful industrial-duty motor
- Powerful blower to move material suspended in air
- V-Belt and DirectDrive options
- Pulse-Jet Filtration technology
- Industrial-duty gauges
- Pressure/Vacuum Relief Valves for protection
- Easy tool-less access hatches & doors
- Stainless product contact areas available
- Easy filter removal and replacement
- Available in a variety of sizes for any application
- Sturdy construction for stability and long blower life
- Easy product flow
- Flexible hoses available for inlet and discharge connections
- Can be engineered with or without rotary valves
- Pickup manifolds available
- Simple check valves used to control air flow
- Custom-designed for your material
- Flexibility in destination routing
- Durable design for decades of use
- Expensive components are protected
- Safe and easy for operators to use
- Less moving parts means less headaches
- Long-lasting industrial-duty components
- Enclosed system = easy dust control
- The few wear-parts are easily swapped
- Material flows easily, avoiding “bin rash”
- Easy removal of filtration media (if utilized)
- Automated cycling of conveyor
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Easy to maintain
Selling, maintaining, fixing, and refurbishing rotary valves are up to 30% of our competitors’ revenue, so they have a vested interest in selling as many as possible. US Systems is more discerning in their use because we want to serve our customer’s needs not just our own.
Rotary valves have their place, but depending on the application and required rate, we can often avoid the use of rotary valves altogether, saving on installation and maintenance costs and eliminating these issues:
- Blow-by Air
- Worn Shaft Seals
- Bent Rotors
- Holes in Elbows
- Wasted Horsepower and Energy
- Worn Out Housings
- Chain Drive Maintenance
- Valves with Inherent Leaks
We Provide Choices:
Depending on the application, proven solutions could include header systems for multiple tracks and car spots, choices of vacuum, pressure, or combination systems and portable and self-powered units.
Other Options Include:
- Booster for Multiple Trailers
- Choices of Vacuum, Pressure, or Combination Systems
- Portable and Self-Powered Units
We Achieve High Rates with All Types of Trucks and Railcars:
- Pressure Differential Cars
Our systems feature industrial-duty NEMA-rated control panels that automate much of the process, allowing your system to run smoothly, with less downtime.
We build control panels to meet your application needs and may include:
- NEMA-Rated Panels
- Disconnect Switch
- Primary Circuit Protection
- Industrial-Duty Buttons, Selector Switches, and Door Devices
- PLC – Programmable Logic Controller
- Motor Starters
- HMI – Human Machine Interface
- LED Indicator Lights
- Variable-Speed Controls
- Remote Networking Capability
- Data Collection
To match the environment of our customers operations, US Systems Pot, boosters, and supporting systems are designed to be especially rugged.
Each US Systems Pot features:
- Stainless, Aluminum, or Carbon Steel Construction
- Visual Inspection Sight Glasses
- User-Friendly Access/Clean-Out Ports
- Manual or Automatic Controls of Pneumatic and Electrical Functions
- Premium Components Designed to Last
- We Offer 12VDC, Pneumatic, or 120VAC Options for Controls
Accessories that enable the operators to work safely and efficiently include easy to connect aluminum vacuum gate adapters with leak proof connections, manifolds, and flex hoses of stainless steel and food-grade rubber to mate railcars to systems.
To adjust our scope of supply to meet your needs, US Systems can also supply peripheral components:
- Storage Silos
- Dust Collectors
- Convey Piping
- Industrial Automation Controls
- Gate Adapters
- and more.