Pneumatic Conveying ‘Pots’
Where the Pneumatic Conveying ‘Magic’ Happens
The magic of our blow pots lies in how we engineer everything around it together with it to achieve high rates and avoid problems with materials such as fines and friability.
Pneumatic conveying is an elegant, efficient solution that allows us to engineer systems without excessive use of horsepower.
Our unique design concept provides for limited maintenance and prevents premature wear on components. Savings in the use of horsepower translates into less system heat and product degradation.
There are many advantages to pneumatic railcar unloading compared to mechanical conveying. Less moving parts means less breakdowns, and an enclosed system means easy dust control. Another important advantage is flexibility in routing – we can convey material to places others can’t.
At it’s most basic, a pneumatic conveying system sucks dry bulk material through a tube from one location (railcar, truck trailer, silo, etc.) into a temporary ‘pot’, and then blows the material in a pipe towards it destination, usually another railcar, trailer, or vessel.
Our Pneumatic Conveying Solution Eliminates:
- Blow-by Air
- Worn Shaft Seals
- Bent Rotors
- Holes in Elbows
- Wasted Horsepower and Energy
- Worn Out Housings
- Chain Drive Maintenance
- Valves with Inherent Leaks
These high-rate systems employ either diesel or electric driven portable units that can range from 10 to 200 horsepower and can move material at a rate of one to one-hundred ton per hour.
We Achieve High Rates with All Types of Railcars:
- Pressure Differential Cars
We Provide Choices:
Depending on the application, proven solutions could include header systems for multiple tracks and car spots, choices of vacuum, pressure, or combination systems and portable and self-powered units.
Other Options Include:
- Booster for Multiple Trailers
- Choices of Vacuum, Pressure, or Combination Systems
- Portable and Self-Powered Units
Our systems feature industrial-duty NEMA-rated control panels that automate much of the process, allowing your system to run smoothly, with less downtime.
We build control panels to meet your application needs and may include:
- NEMA-Rated Panels
- Disconnect Switch
- Primary Circuit Protection
- Industrial-Duty Buttons, Selector Switches, and Door Devices
- PLC – Programmable Logic Controller
- Motor Starters
- HMI – Human Machine Interface
- LED Indicator Lights
- Variable-Speed Controls
- Remote Networking Capability
- Data Collection
To match the environment of our customers operations, US Systems Pot, boosters, and supporting systems are designed to be especially rugged. Unlike our competitors, we custom-design our systems to fit your existing systems, not the other way around.
Each US Systems Pot features:
- Stainless, Aluminum, or Carbon Steel Construction
- Visual Inspection Sight Glasses
- User-Friendly Access/Clean-Out Ports
- Manual or Automatic Controls of Pneumatic and Electrical Functions
- Premium Components Designed to Last
- We Offer 12VDC, Pneumatic, or 120VAC Options for Controls
Accessories that enable the operators to work safely and efficiently include easy to connect aluminum vacuum gate adapters with leak proof connections, manifolds, and flex hoses of stainless steel and food-grade rubber to mate railcars to systems.
To adjust our scope of supply to meet your needs, US Systems can also supply peripheral components:
- Storage Silos
- Dust Collectors
- Convey Piping
- Industrial Automation Controls
- Gate Adapters
- and more.